Friday, September 20, 2013

CONVERTS.

CONVERTS.
So my mother, who I love so much and my father who is the best dad, did not follow their parents footsteps. A friend introduced them to the church when I was young. I, as a 5-7 year old child, really liked when we started going to church every sunday. Eventually, my mother got baptized. Baptized, a word sounding so loud when it is said. She committed her life to the Lord through baptism, John3:5- Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Altogether life was better. There were less struggles and fights in my family. Still my father did not commit, whether that was to blame on the lack of support from his parents or not, I do not know. Would the family shun him and really not like that he would be converted from their known religion? It was a scary thing, as a child I was sad. I was sad that my dad did not go to church with the family every single week. Yet, my mother took us and supported us in going to church when it was so crucial for every child to learn morals. I knew from a young age that church was not somewhere I was forced to go, but a place where I was at peace. Where I could take the sacrament, the bread and water, and renew my baptismal covenants. I still wanted my father there every single week. His heart was changed and he was also baptized. He believed just like my mother. Both, who had lived their lives just fine for many years before they introduced to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In life we all are sent here by the Lord to make our own choices. People get distracted by worldly things, exactly like Satan/Lucifer wants. His minions need a body and will do anything to destroy yours. They were not blessed to have one because they chose to rebel against God. They too then make us rebel and keep pushing us to think little things are okay. We get led away for a short time, but God, our shepherd will always find his lost ones. One soul lost, is not acceptable. When I was 18, I got lost. I got lost in the way the church works. I knew I didn't want to go to singles ward. I was a very social child who just couldn't go there and find a committed relationship and get married so young. So I chose not to. I decided I would find my own way for  a while. Satan tried to keep me away from the truth as long as he could. Until my strong willed, old spirit, came back to the longing to be in church. To be where I had always belonged. Not because my parents belong there, but because I genuinely have been through enough struggles and explorations in one life to know where I belonged. I found again, what I knew was true. God loves the person who was born into a spiritual covenant of marriage as much as he loves his lost sheep who found it's way back to the truth. My parents taught along with my religion made me the great person I am today. Without those morals I would be lost, without being allowed to explore I would never have been found again. I chose my path in life, just like my parents did. I never will believe or follow the footsteps of any other person on the Earth. I will always be my stubborn old self and do what I want to do. All I know is that being an LDS family is the only way we coulda made it through all those hard times. My joy is even happier today, as I have found the truth for myself, re-found it I should say. No one in their days will ever be able to prove another religion wrong, nor is religion here for that purpose. Live and let live. For you cannot demand another to live in the way you know, if you cannot commit yourself. You sure can choose your own path. If I get lost again, the Lord will not fail to find ways to get to me or any other of his children. 

No comments: